Ushers & Greeters
Our usher program is intended to provide a personal interface between the ushers and the worshipers by having ushers assigned to specific sections in the service; to provide another "care group" through the usher organization; to establish commitment in our usher assignments; and to involve our ushers in a specific security role during the service.
There are four words that will be the keys in making this plan successful:
1. Commitment: Of primary importance, ushers will be assigned to specific sections with responsibility to have it staffed at each service.
2. Training: Each usher, section leader, and worship service chairman will have specific responsibilities and duties. Periodic training sessions will be held to acquaint new ushers with the procedures.
3. Execution: Pride in the duties and responsibilities of an usher will be reflected in the execution of those duties.
4. Outreach: Ushers can use their position as a form of outreach both for current members as well as visitors to our church.
Reflect on Galatians 5:22-23
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES OF LFCC USHERS:
To help our church accomplish its overall mission by presenting a positive and loving atmosphere at each worship service. The ushers will attempt to greet every person who enters our building and assist them in any way possible.
•Actively participate in our church programs and services.
• Be a positive representative of the church to its members and guests.
•Be courteous, kind, considerate, friendly and helpful to all that enter our church.
Usher's Ministry Director